- Ald Patrick Daley Thompson (11) wrote in his most recent newsletter about the ordinance meant to curb drag racing that City Council approved last week. “The Mariano’s Parking lot in the 12th Ward has been a major center for the drag racing activity for our community. The property management company announced they will be installing swing gates. The security will be able to open and close the gates to allow for delivery trucks on the property after hours. The plan is to have them installed by May 1st.”
- Ald. Raymond Lopez (15) tweeted a photo and wrote “20 minutes into our annual #CleanAndGreen and we find this gun. #EnoughIsEnough”
- Ald. Byron Sigcho-Lopez (25) tweeted “instead of watching elon musk be "funny", why don't you take the bus?”
- Ald. Scott Waguespack (32) in his most recent newsletter wrote about an ordinance he introduced last week that would make permanent the temporary caps on third-party delivery fees aldermen approved in November. “You may recall that 3rd party delivery fees were gouging consumers and damaging the reputation and bottom line of local restaurants as well, adding upwards of 30% fees to every bill,” Waguespack wrote.
- Ald. Rossana Rodriguez-Sanchez (33) tweeted “Theres no reason why we can’t create, support and expand the structures of care to address intercommunal violence. We need to stop relying on policing and carceral systems. The role of government needs to be to care for people not break them.”
- Ald. Michele Smith (43) tweeted “I’m proud to join more than 1,200 fellow state and local elected officials from every state & DC calling on Congress to pass bold clean energy infrastructure package to enable us to fully recover while tackling the climate crisis.”
Do you like this page?