Erin and Alex on Chicago government in 2021
A hard-fought and long-delayed commission to oversee the Chicago Police Department. A bitter fight to redraw the boundaries of Chicago’s 50 wards. A scramble to figure out how to spend $1.9 billion from the federal government. On this special end-of-year episode of the CloutCast, The Daily Line’s Alex Nitkin and Erin Hegarty look back at some of the biggest issues that consumed Chicago government in 2021 and how they’ll be shaping the city in the new year to come.
- CloutCast: Redistricting: Cause and Effect
- CloutCast: How Chicago’s racial makeup affects remapping
- CloutCast: Joe Ferguson on Chicago’s struggle for good government
- The Press Box: Redrawing Chicago's 50 Wards
- Lightfoot’s campaign promise on police oversight comes tantalizingly close, 16 months after the last deal fell apart
Do you like this page?